Arizona State Rules and Contributor Agreement:
You understand and agree to the following when contributing to the Christian Scholarship Foundation (CSF):
- Contributions will be used for tuition scholarships for K-12 students attending
participating Christian schools in the Prescott metro area.
- Tuition scholarships will be awarded without regard to the students’ race, color, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. At least ninety percent of the donated funds received will be used for tuition scholarships.
- Arizona statute prohibits recommending the donor’s dependent as a potential
- A School Tuition Organization cannot award, restrict or reserve scholarships solely on the basis of a contributor’s recommendation. A taxpayer may not claim a tax credit if the taxpayer agrees to swap contributions with another taxpayer to benefit either taxpayer’s own dependent.
- Awards for recommended students will be honored according to the policies of CSF
- Admission decisions are the exclusive responsibility of the school.
- A contribution to CSF must be received by April 15th to receive a tax credit for the
previous calendar year.
- Contributions to CSF are pursuant to A.R.S. Sections 43-1089 and 43-1183.
DISCLAIMER: This contribution is made with the understanding that CSF has complete control and administration over the use of the contributed funds. Final decisions to award scholarships are at the complete and sole discretion of CSF.
There are no changes to the way we make awards for the “Original” Tax Credit (FAQ #6). Per Arizona law (A.R.S. 43-1089.03), a student is only eligible to receive tuition awards under the Switcher/ Tax Credit provision if that student falls into one of the following Scholarship Prerequisites (FAQ #6).
- Kindergartner: Enrolled in a qualified school in a Kindergarten program.
- Switcher: Attended an Arizona public primary or secondary school as a fulltime student for at least ninety (90) days of the prior fiscal year or one full Semester and transferred from a public primary or secondary school to a qualified school.
- Military Dependent: Is the dependent of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is stationed in this state pursuant to military orders.
- Prior Recipient: Received an educational scholarship or tuition grant under paragraph 1, 2 or 3 above and the student continues to attend a qualified school in a subsequent year or has received a scholarship from either of the corporate private school tax credit programs. (Students that have solely received an original tax credit award are not eligible under this category).